Saturday, April 18, 2009

return of huaraches for spring

When I was in grade school I would get a new pair of white huaraches every year right after Easter. I would wear the shoes nearly everyday in the summer until they nearly disintegrated. They were comfortable and easy and I'm not sure why I stopped wearing them.

I love the nostalgic return of these earthy Mexican sandals. Last summer I got a gorgeous pair of stacked heel reddish-brown huarache-inspired Cole Haans, but this year I think I will go for the more traditional flats that go so well with a lovely green lawn, fresh flowers, and a flowing white cotton dress.

Here are my picks:

Women's shoes: Frye Jacey Sandal - Dark brown



Frye Jacey Sandal - Dark brown


$148

I love these classic slingback huarache flats in chocolate brown. These are the most traditional take on the huarache that I have been able to find...

Women's shoes: Pierre Dumas Rachel - Brown



Pierre Dumas Rachel - Brown


$45
These are very similar to the Frye with the traditional style flat, but with the thinner straps and a much more affordable price.



Women's shoes: Jessica Simpson Delanco - Cognac



Jessica Simpson Delanco - Cognac


$69.99 (reg. $89)
I love the wooden platform heel paired with the lighter weaving for a more modern take on the sandal.



Women's shoes: Pour La Victoire Pascale - Sand



Pour La Victoire Pascale - Sand


$325
These are my gorgeous splurge pick. I love the stud accents, which create a melding of the rocker bootie (my favorite!) and the huarache. These also come in a fun kelly green!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: