Tuesday, April 28, 2009

vintage gucci handbags are always in style


I am the luckiest girl in the world!

I happen to inherit my love for all things fashion from my amazingly talented fashion designer grandmother Miki. She went to design school in California, and I have always loved looking through her old sketches and patterns to see the beautiful clothing that she designed when she was young. She taught me everything I know about sewing, knitting, and crocheting when I was only five years old...and I still use those skills today.

On my most recent trip to visit her this weekend, she handed down to me four gorgeous vintage Gucci handbags that she bought in Beverly Hills years before I was even born. I have never owned such fabulous handbags! They have all been well-loved by my grandma, but they are still in amazing condition after all of these years.


I have always known, but am now fully realizing, that good design truly never goes out of style. You must take great care of your classic designer pieces so that they can withstand time and maybe someday you will be able to pass them on as well.


I'm excited to start learning more about vintage Gucci!! I think I will start trying to predict which items in my wardrobe could perhaps become vintage treasures someday...

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is very cute. I am going to use this idea for Easter! Thank you for your time to make this article!
20110118 pilipalagaga
Hermes Wholesale