Monday, February 23, 2009

oscars best dressed

I watched the Academy Awards from beginning to end last night and picked my favorites from the red carpet. There was a lot of muted colors and variations on creme, which I thought was very refreshing and tasteful.

(pictures courtesy of Oscar.com)

Here are my top picks:
Marisa Tomei in Versace. This entire look was my overall favorite of the evening...the pleats, the color, the train, the asymmetry, the jewels, the hair, the makeup. How does she not get older??



Kate Winslet (Best Actress) in Atelier Yves Saint Laurent by Stefano Pilati. I think we need to refer to the 2009 Annual Academy Awards as "Kate's Night." This is my second favorite dress. I love anything in grey and the layered draping of the black lace pairs with it wonderfully. Go Kate!

Penelope Cruz (Best Supporting Actress) in vintage Pierre Balmain. The embroidery and the color of this dress are gorgeous.

Natalie Portman in Rodarte. If I saw this dress on anyone else I probably wouldn't have picked it as one of my tops because the color is a tad too bubble gum prom dress for me. But Natalie looked so breathtakingly gorgeous with her smoky eyes and tasteful tan that I just couldn't deny that she looked quite perfect.



Amy Adams in Carolina Herrera with Fred Leighton necklace. I think red gowns can often seem slightly 80s bridesmaid, but this vivid gown with black trim looks beautiful with her fare skin tone and auburn hair. The bright jewels in her collar necklace are amazing. The only problem is that her dress seems to match the color of the carpet a little too well...

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: