Thursday, October 29, 2009

i need a leather jacket


I never really thought of myself as the leather jacket type...but I changed my mind...I definitely am! I was never interested in the traditional long heavy straight-cut leather jackets, but I love the new unique styles that fit a younger look.

Leather jackets are everywhere this season and I am loving all of the options: 3/4 sleeves, big collars, asymmetrical zippers, embroidered patterns, zip cuffs, metal grommets, unique colors like gray and red, collarless, open front, everything you can imagine! Leather pieces are such an investment that you really need to try on as many as you can to find the style that fits your wardrobe and your body best.

Right now I have a gray stand-up collar faux leather that is cropped with elbow-length sleeves, but I am thinking that it is getting a little bit impractical as the weather cools down. I need to find a new one...

British motorcycle jacket designer Belstaff has created an exclusive collection with J.Crew this Fall. I have my eye on the short women's leather bomber (pictured above). This is such a great cut for younger women with the waist-length and snug shoulders. Love it.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: