Monday, October 12, 2009

frank lloyd wright and the ayn rand cottage

{Image: LA Times}

For all of the other architects out there...how many times have you been asked, "Have you read The Fountainhead??" I have heard it many many times. So eventually I actually did read it.

After reading The Fountainhead I always wondered if Ayn Rand had an actual interest in architecture, or if she just used architecture as a mode for expressing her objectivist theories. I felt that she could have substituted a lot of other professions in for architecture and still been able to create a character that demonstrated her ideas about objectivism. A recent article in the LA Times gave me my answer...

When Frank Lloyd Wright designed a cottage for Ayn Rand


Related articles...


Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: