Monday, March 16, 2009

review of online designer retailer gilt groupe



Lately I have been subjecting myself to the possibility of receiving endless spam by signing my email address up on multiple online shopping websites. Every website has a "create an account" option these days, so I am researching the usefulness of online website sign-ups and determining which retailers send out emails worth reading. I will continue my research in this area and will share with you my findings.


I would like to share my first pick for online shopping site:
Gilt Groupe. Gilt Groupe is a website that requires an online sign-up to gain access to their store. Here is an invitation to sign up: Gilt Groupe Invitation Link

Gilt Groupe sells men's and women's designer clothing, shoes, and accessories at 50-70% off retail prices. Each designer's sale starts at noon and only lasts for a few days, but there are new designers each day so there is continually a great selection of fresh merchandise. I had serious doubts that I would be interested in this site when I first signed up, but within the first couple weeks of receiving emails the website featured three of my favorite brands (Abaete, Seven for Mankind denim, and Marc Jacobs handbags)! Now I am pretty much addicted to checking the website daily.

Likes

  • Amazing selection of designer brands
  • discounts of 50-70%
  • calendar on website allows you to plan when to check back
  • merchandise is updated daily
Dislikes
  • Daily emails
  • designers are all high end so products are still expensive (rarely under $100)
  • returns are for store credit and not refund
If you are thinking about signing up for an online retailer but are unwilling to subject your email Inbox to possible spam overload, let me know and I will review the website for you!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: