Tuesday, September 8, 2009

keds and opening ceremony collection






As I've mentioned before, designer collaborations are one of my favorite concepts in today's fashion culture. Pairing designers from different ends of the fashion industry is a fabulous idea that usually comes up with products that reach a new demographic and give new ideas about design a greater reach.

Opening Ceremony has paired with Keds, the creator of the original sneaker, to create a capsule collection of footwear that will be available in stores and online Thursday, September 10. I have images of the collection before they are available to the public!
This is such a great meeting of classic and modern! Opening Ceremony has been one of the hottest names in the fashion industry over the last few years, with one of the best collections of up-and-coming designers and innovative collaborations with fashion elite like Chloe Sevigny. The Soho store was one of my favorite places to visit when I lived in New York. Now that I've moved across the country, I'm excited to see that they have a fabulous online store as well!
The Keds and PRO-Keds x Opening Ceremony collection is a great interpretation of the 80's styles that are fashionable this Fall. The acid wash style is definitely my favorite. I've been talking about getting a pair of Keds for quite awhile now...I really just need to find the perfect pair and go for it! They are a perfect shoe for end of Summer/beginning of Fall...

If you want to find out more about the designer's inspiration for the Keds x Opening Ceremony designs, check out this fun little video online:

Opening Ceremony x Keds/PRO Keds


Related articles:


Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: