Saturday, June 27, 2009

loomstate for keds




I have been opposed to the Keds resurgence over the last few years, but I have finally given in and am admitting that Keds are cute again. And the new collaboration between organic clothing designer Loomstate, my favorite department store Barneys New York, and Keds has convinced me that maybe I would even wear a pair...

I am committed to living a more "green" life, so I am a huge supporter of fashion designers who are now incorporating sustainable technologies into their products (remember my obsession with Melissa shoes?). The Loomstate collection for Keds features five designs that are made from 100% organic cotton, nickel free eyelets, and 100% recycled insoles. Also 1% of the proceeds of the eco-friendly collaboration is donated to The Organic Exchange, whose mission is "to deliver sustained environmental, economic and social benefits through expansion of organic agriculture."

I think the designs are pretty cute (the black Birds pattern is my favorite) and I also believe that slip-on shoes are just a really great invention. The Keds and Loomstate collection is available online at Barneys for $75/pair.

Keds x Loomstate Birds Sneaker $75

Keds x Loomstate Sun Sneaker $75



Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: