Saturday, November 8, 2008

abaete sample sale


The Abaete sample sale started on Thursday at 11am and I was in the studio trying on my first dress by 11:02am. This is by far my favorite sample sale that is held about twice a year, and every time I leave with about two absolutely gorgeous dresses. If you don't know much about this brand, it started in Soho (the design studio is one floor above my office) and they are best known for their flirty and well-crafted cocktail dresses. Many of the designs incorporate geometric shapes in bold solid colored fabrics with details like silver exposed zippers. This year in addition to the silky cocktail dresses and retro-inspired swimwear, they also had beautiful cashmere knits and wool day dresses.

I left with three dresses: an argyle cashmere 3/4 length sleeve sweater mini dress (pictured), a navy and black scoop neck sleeveless sheath dress, and the famous strapless Rita dress (worn by Rachel Bilson!) also in black and navy. I think the black and navy combination is divine.


Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: